Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just when you think everything is going your way

So you are all pretty caught up on whats been going on with the bedrest- and the Previa...well this morning I woke up ready to work from home, only to get a call from the Benefits department, literally as I was returning work emails.  I explain the situation to them, and their policy states if you are on bedrest, you don't work...you do just that.  So even though the doctor has given me the all clear to work..I am not allowed..

Now if you are normal person you may be saying to yourself, sweet...dont work..enjoy your time off.... well for me I know that my lovely prognosis of PP and the blood clot means I may be out again.  So this means I will have to use up 8 of sick days for this first episode of bed-rest.  If there is more, I will have to do the same thing... Problem is when I finally go on bed rest, and out for good- I have a 14 day waiting period before STD would kick in...so this means I will probably be unpaid for a bit....

I was all frustrated but I know there is nothing I can do, as I am explaining this to Bryan on the phone, the doorbell rings...a florist....My work has sent me Get Well Flowers.... so now I know I should just follow procedures, and hopefully this wont happen till next year when my sick days go back up...

Time to start a BUDGET!~

Today also marked the first day I could drive since last week...wow the things you take for granted....driving was always just a thing I did, but I enjoyed every minute of my 6 min drive to get Jacob from daycare....sure I won't always feel that way- but it felt so nice...

1 comment:

  1. Carrie...that really blows about your job's policies. Workplace policies are awful..something that I've really learned since becoming a mom!

    ReplyDelete