Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In the beginning....how did i even wind up pregnant, IVF of course!

Hello all!  After a week of bed rest, and confined for another week I thought I would share my story of how it came to be.  I've been on Google way too much this past week looking up information on what I have and who has been through it- and its made me crazy, so after a friend told me to start a blog (shout out to Lara!) I've decided- hey what else should I do with my time!

But back to the beginning.... when I say the beginning I can mean so much- so I guess I will clarify and explain a little how I got to this pregnancy and then to this bed-rest.  First off... I am a happy mom of a wonderful son named Jacob who was born on March 9th, 2007.  My husband, Bryan, and I decided in the spring of 2009 we were ready for another child.  Now who ever said things go as planned..does not know me at all.  To clue you all in, I have a couple different issues that make conceiving hard.  First up Hashimoto's Disease (auto-immune disorder) causing Hypothyroidism.  Next is the lovely PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which is my main reason that having a 2nd child posed a problem.  The the newest condition, cuz those weren't worse enough...MTHFR Mutation A and C (a lovely blood clotting disorder).  With Jacob we took 3 rounds of Clomid and bang! we were pregnant.  Well 3 round of Clomid in 2009 did nothing..nadda..zilch...no ovulation- let along a pregnancy.  So we decided to enlist the help of an RE to get us our next baby.

Dr. Charles Miller was our man to get the job done.  We went straight to IVF, because 1) insurance covered it (thank you CitiBank!), and 2) it were the best odds and we wanted our baby now!  We went ahead with IVF round 1 in early December- and success we were pregnant!  However on New Years Eve 2009 after a great dinner out, I came home and passed a horrible blood clot.  We went to the ER and nothing was seen on the u/s (however I was only 5 weeks- but deep inside me I knew).  Went on bedrest, and went to the doctor the following Monday, however, they too saw nothing on the u/s and my numbers dropped.  Saddened, we knew we had to keep going.  After several months of cancellations, and missing the cut off to start.  We did our 2nd full round of IVF in July.  This time again success!!!  We were pregnant and have 12 frozen little embies on ice!  I was given the all clear, released from Dr. Miller, and told enjoy the pregnancy..... this I did until the first week of November.......

No comments:

Post a Comment