Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How did I wind up on Bed-rest you ask??

So now you know how I got pregnant...now I will let you know how I got myself on 2 weeks confinement.  Here it is folks.  You know when you just feel that something isnt going to go the way you planned... well thats my life in a nutshell, in a big nutshell to be honest..I swear I have that ESP stuff - where you just know.  Well everything had been going pretty well in this pregnancy, almost exactly like Jacob's (minus the fact this little man was conceived in a petri dish).  Well that feeling kicked in about 2 weeks ago- when i thought to myself..."Gosh, I hope I don't go on bed rest, that would suck, especially since I have only been at my job less then 4 months"  I think that was the icing on the cake...next time, I will keep my internal comments to myself...and out of my head.

Well last Monday I was feeling a cold was coming on, or something cuz I felt like poo...Tuesday after lunch I felt sick to my stomach and actually thought I might throw up at work.  I also noticed some spotting as well.  I left around 3 to go home and rest.  But by the time I got home, spotting turned bright red, along with cramping.  Worried I called the doctor that evening.  Told to stay resting and to come in the next day.  Well unfortunately the bleeding didn't stop, just slowed a bit.  After the initial exam by my doctor, it was off to the hospital to Labor and Delivery (L&D as I will call it throughout this blog) for monitoring.  Well after getting there and changing, the nurse came in, asked me for my due date, and then asked "why the hell did they send you here, you are less then 20 weeks?"  well geez woman I don't know, I am bleeding and you as asking me that?  So I am told to change and that I will be wheeled down to my MFM (high-risk OB) for an ultrasound since I am under 20 weeks.

Get down there and they do both a regular ultrasound and vaginal one.  The tech asks if I want to know the sex, worrying that something may be wrong with the baby, I say yes, because I needed to know to call the baby a he or she.  Oh Lord, another boy on my hands!  Baby boy Woods showed himself proudly.  At least I knew he was safe.  When the doc came in, he had a strange look on his face- bad poker face (should play Texas Hold 'em with him).  Told me I had a blood clot as well as "Placenta Previa".  Then went on to draw it out so I would understand.  Good news is the placenta isn't "completely" on my cervix opening, bad news is the opening is completely covered by the placenta as well as the blood clot. Doctor "Bad Poker Face" suggests a night in L&D to be safe and then proceeds to tell me about all the bad things that can happen with a Previa (hemorrhage, blood transfusions, premature delivery, need I go on).  But does say a C-Section is in my future at about 36 weeks before he starts to prepare for delivery. So back up to L&D to spend the night.

Long story short...wait its already too long..oh well...is that I spend the night at the hospital googling all the horrible information out there, only to find on page 3 of one site (90% of Previa's deliver just fine).  I am released the next day, though still spotting and told to be on bedrest for at least a week....

How will I make it through a week...and God forbid, longer.... at least BB Woods (baby boy Woods) is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment